The Career Guidance and Placement Cell in Rajiv Gandhi Arts and Science College was established in the year 2013-14. Since its inception the Placement Cell has played a key role in providing various training and awareness programme and arranging for interviews for final year students to gain employability.
To aid the rural wards choose from various Career options and to provide them maximum employments.
To assist Placements for Undergraduate rural students by giving various training and awareness programme for right job profile and arranging them for interviews with companies.
Activities • Collection of students' Bio data during final semester to assist them in placement.
• The cell conducts Counselling sessions / Career guidance for the students
• Facilitates assistance for various online courses.
• Enable companies to present their pre-placement talks and conduct tests and interviews on the College Campus.
• Engage top professionals from the industry to conduct workshops for the students in resume writing skills, interview facing skills, effective communication skills including body language.
• The companies also extend their support by training the students in various soft skills, helping the cell with resource persons and conducting value-added courses for students.
K.Narayanan, Assistnat Professor of Commerce
Placement Members: Dr.S.Sudhagar, Assistant Professor of Co-operative Management Mr.V.Ramesh Shankar, Assistant Professor of Business Administration Mrs.P.Revathi, Assistant Professor of Computer Science
Companies on Campus
Rajiv Gandhi Arts and Science College acknowledge the constant support received from the companies which have strengthened the Industry-Institution interactions. Some of our students have been successfully placed in standard companies. Some of the companies have collaborated with the departments of our institution and assist our students in employment.
Our Recuriters are:
With an aim to mould high quality professionals from our college the following programmes were conducted
Academic Year 2013-14
1. A one-day seminar on "ERP Application support to SMB in India" in association with Sri Annai Educational Institute, Puducherry for final year students took place on 23.08.2013. This enabled the students to gain expertise in Tally and thereby improve their scope for job opportunities.
2. A one-day "Employability Training Programme" in association with HRD circle took place on 17.10.2013 for the final year students.
3. Our college, keen on producing service-minded citizens conducted an "Awareness session on Organ donation and Transplantation" in association with the Mohan Foundation, Chennai on 28.10.2013. There were a total of 219 students and 8 staff who participated in the session. The participants were provided with a donor card and information brochure.
4. A Seminar on "Opportunities in Montessori schools for Women Students" in association with Viruksha International School of Montessori, Puducherry was conducted on 17.02.2014. Seven girl students expressed their interest to join the school for training.
5. 34 women students from 22.02.2014 to 22.03.2014, underwent a Training programme in Cluny Hospital which might help them to seek job opportunities in Hospital service industry in future.
ACADEMIC YEAR 2015-2016
1. The institution in collaboration with FRONTIERS TECHNOLOGIES a franchise of National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) under PMKVY scheme arranged for a one month skill development course for all the second year students to train them from scratch.
2. Under the SCS Plan, 20 SC students were identified from various disciplines to undergo Computer Training course conducted by TCIL Ltd.
3. Two deserving Commerce students have been selected to undergo r 60 hours BAP- Executive Training programme from Aratha Vidhya, under NSDC scheme.
Mr. K.Narayanan M.Com.,